[Sca-cooks] OP--recipes for jamabalaya?

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 14:07:03 PDT 2009

    That is a creole dish from New Orleans. Perhaps one can say paella
is an ancestor but as the name indicates pork is included. Paella from
Valencia  normally does not contain pork but chicken or seafood, not the
two combined. At least that is six Valencian sister-in-laws taught me.
    By the way we had a guest for lunch today who does not like seafood
so we made a vegetarian paella containing winter vegetables on hand,
green asparagus, eggplant, artichokes and red peppers. It was delicious!
Suey