[Sca-cooks] Peaches?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Jul 14 05:45:07 PDT 2009

Are there period recipes involving peaches?  It seems, from the current
discussions, that there are at least recipes for preserving peaches from late
period.  A friend who has a period cloister garden has had a bounty of fruit
from his peach tree (not quite ripe, but he lost a large branch from the
tree and had to rescue the peaches on it) and we'd like to do something with it
at Pennsic, but probably won't have time to do anything elaborate before we
go.  Some, at least, of the peaches have been or will be cut off the stones
and frozen.  We've been discussing making peach cobbler in the Dutch oven,
at least!

Brangwayna Morgan
Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom
Lancaster, PA