[Sca-cooks] Information, Please

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Jul 18 13:45:40 PDT 2009

In case anyone is interested, it shows up in recipes like this one

_Steevens Aqua composita_
Take a gallo of Gascoign wine, of ginger, galingale, cinamon, nutmegs &
graines, Annis seeds, Fennel seeds, and carroway seeds, of each a dram;
of Sage, mints, red Roses, thyme, Pellitory, Rosemary, wild thyme,
camomil, lavender, of each a handfull, bray the spices small, and bruise
the herbs, letting them macerate 12 houres, stirring it now & then, then
distill by a limbecke of pewter keeping the first cleare water that
cometh, by it selfe, and so likewise the second. You shall draw much
about a pinte of the better fort from everie gallon of wine.

http://www.dragonbear.com/cordrecs.html

Johnnae