[Sca-cooks] Scappi Bread Pudding Recipe

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 23 23:01:08 PDT 2009

Or you could skip Scappi and just do bread pudding to the max as in
the Commander's Palace *
*Bread Pudding Souffle with Whiskey Sauce
http://www.commanderspalace.com/new_orleans/recipes_1.php

Johnnae

David Walddon wrote:
So Scappi is a BIG book and I have not found a bread pudding recipe in
it.
Has anyone else?
I have some English Elizabethan recipes but I have some left over
bread and
would like to make one from Scappi.
Eduardo

I don't have this Scappi recipe, but if folks are interested in trying
other period bread pudding recipes I've got a few in this file in the
FOOD-SWEETS section of the Florilegium:
bread-pudding-msg (16K)  5/ 9/09    Period bread pudding.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/bread-pudding-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com