[Sca-cooks] OOP: beginner's bread books

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Jul 29 17:07:33 PDT 2009

I am going to take a different tack and suggest that he make
the acquaintance of the King Arthur Flour Company website.
http://www.kingarthurflour.com

Not only do they sell the flours and everything else from yeast and
ingredients to
the pans, tools, gadgets, baking stones, etc., they also sell baking books.
They also have a great subscription newsletter.
There's also a blog http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/ and there's a
baking roundtable.
They also do sessions across the country-
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/baking/baking-outreach.html

(I've attended a couple of the sessions and there were always a number
of older men
in the audience. He wouldn't be the only man present.)

He may not need a cookbook; their website and recipes may get him started.

Johnnae