[Sca-cooks] OT What is this?

Cheri or Anne celticcheri at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 2 17:01:12 PDT 2009

This is off SCA topic, but I need help identifying a piece of flatware.  I've purchased a bundle package of old silver plate and it had a most unusual looking item in it and I have no idea what so ever what it is used for.

I've tried to look up on the net and can't find anywhere that has anything similar.  The back says the makers are Simpson Hall Miller & Co. 620.  The closest thing it looks like is a knife, but it's not a knife.

If you think you can help me figure out what it is, or know someone who could please contact me off list and I'll send pics. celticcheri at yahoo.com
Thank you so much.
Anne

Go softly and gently for those you meet here will be
those you know hereafter."