[Sca-cooks] Cato as a recipe source

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 6 00:22:21 PDT 2009

Bear said:
<<< It is a nice selection, but it is not complete.  I have most of
these that I
have collected from various sources over the years.  I also have recipes
for Epityrum (olive paste), Mustacei (a cookie-like dessert, baked on
bay
leaves), a couple of recipes for preserving and preparing green olives
and a
recipe for preserving whole dried figs. >>>

When you say you "also have", does this mean these aren't in the
webpage that Caraidoc gave? I haven't had time to more than glance at
that page so far.

If so, can you please post the recipes for the olive paste and
particularly the recipes for preserving and preparing green olives? I
previously asked about how you make these inedible olives edible here
but didn't get much info other than some references to a modern book
on olives. I'm not sure I could ever find the raw olives to try this
with, but it would be interesting to know how this is done.

The mustacei sounds interesting as well, although I guess you would
need to find a source for fresh, rather than dried, leaves. Would
plucking the leaves off of a fresh Laurel work? Or are they too dried
out by the time they're made Peers? :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com