[Sca-cooks] Peaches?

Jane Boyko jboyko at magma.ca
Tue Jul 14 16:08:46 PDT 2009

To Preserve Peaches

Of your fairest and best coloured peaches, take a pound, and with a
wet linnen cloth wipe off the white hoare of them:  then perboyle them
in halfe a pint of white wine, and a pint and a halfe of running
water; and being perboyled, pill off the white skinne of them, and
then weigh them :  take to your pound of peaches, three quarters of a
pound of refined sugar, and dissolve it in a quarter pint of white
wine, and boyle it almost to the height of a sirip, and then put in
your peaches, and let them boyle in the sirup a quarter of an houre or
more, if need should require : and then put them up, and keep them all
the year.

I like the wine idea and when the Ontario peaches come in I think I
will give this a shot.

Cheers
Marina