[Sca-cooks] Shower Caps

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 21 12:32:37 PDT 2009

On Jul 21, 2009, at 2:21 PM, Susan Lin wrote:

> If  you're looking for them by the case I found this site.
> http://www.nursinghomeapparel.com/shop/Disposable_Shower_Caps.html
> I'm sure
> there are others.
>
> I also found comments out on the WWW that complain that shower caps
> aren't
> food grade and therefore are not food safe and shouldn't be used.
>
> I personal would take that with a grain of salt.  There are lots of
> things
> we use on food that may not be FDA approved but certainly don't hurt
> anything.  I'm not gonna eat the shower cap - just want to use it to
> protect
> the food temporarily.

I've decided to stop breathing. The air isn't food grade. Oh, I'm sure
there are small amounts of pollutants in it that are bad for me, but
the really important thing is that no corporate entity that happens to
be in the business of selling food-grade air has certified it as such,
so my course is clear...

Adamantius (kidding... partially)

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter