[Sca-cooks] pellitory

Susanne Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Sat Jul 25 01:36:51 PDT 2009

Hello all, have not been to my computer in a while:

got curious and stared searching, also to find out what it is in German (Bertramkamille use as root / wurzel)
I did find two different plants:

Pellitory of Spain  Anthemis pyrethrum from Algeria, cultivated also in Germany
and Pellitory of the wall Parietaria officinalis (LINN.) from Britain

Here are the links to a online culpeper version:

http://www.bibliomania.com/2/1/66/113/frameset.html

http://www.bibliomania.com/2/1/66/113/frameset.html

german links

Link to a 19th cent apothecary lexicon

http://www.heilpflanzen-welt.de/buecher/Hahnemann-Apothekerlexikon/b/bertramkamille.htm

link to the slightly OOP herbal of Tabermontanus

http://www.kraeuter.ch/

one I have to look into more closely as I could not find Pellitor or bertram at first glance in there

Konrad von Megenburg 1309-1374
Work: Nat.
Das Buch der Natur

http://titus.fkidg1.uni-frankfurt.de/texte/etcs/germ/mhd/konrmeg/konrmt.htm

i wold also like to know your source and recipe for the cordial.

Rgeards

Katharina