[Sca-cooks] Looking for info on the Royal Progress of HenriIIin 1536

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sat Jul 25 20:56:51 PDT 2009

> Was written:
>
>> Yes, I thought I had correct myself. It is Francis I. France is not my
>> forte. I need to know if Francis could have been in th evacenity of the
>> Aquataine on 28/29 Oct 1536.
>
> Correct me if I am in error but if you need to pin the date down that
> close it would seem to me that you need to specify the calendar.
>
> Daniel

It's the Julian calendar.  The Gregorian calendar was not adopted until
1582.  IIRC, the date is technically the 3rd and 4th day of the Kalends of
November.

The calendar only becomes a problem after 1582, when you need to be aware of
when the Gregorian calendar by the region you are studying (1752 for Britian
and the Colonies).

Bear