[Sca-cooks] OOP: beginner's bread books

Sandra J. Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 29 15:04:14 PDT 2009

My dad would really like to learn to make bread; I make it whenever I
visit, but that's only once or twice a year.  Even some of the bread
available at Whole Foods doesn't meet his standards (he doesn't like soft
bread, and even some of the multi-grain breads available these days are
too squeezable).  I can no longer remember how I learned to bake bread,
and the books I use now would only confuse him.  Can anybody recommend a
good book (or a general cookbook with a good bread section) for a
beginner?  He's a competent cook, but not a baker.

Sandra