[Sca-cooks] OOP: beginner's bread books

Sandra J. Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 29 19:37:33 PDT 2009

> I don't know of a book, but I can share a single recipe that requires
> only the four basic ingredients of bread, a deep pot with a lid (such
> as a Dutch oven), and no special technique at all. I've been using a
> similar recipe all my life, as has my mother, and hers before her; and
> about a year ago I saw a very similar recipe called "No-Knead Artisan
> Bread" or something like that posted in the New York Times.

He's got the recipe, and I've made it for him.  I've tried to convince him
how easy it is; maybe this time it'll work, as he's more determined to
learn now than the last time I tried.  He's certainly interested in the
concept of slow rises and aware that the vast majority of the (long) time
it takes he isn't actually *doing* anything.

Sandra