[Sca-cooks] OOP: And another for the silly season: Diamondnd Shreddies

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 09:24:21 PDT 2009

>> Either that, or this is an extremely subtle joke which I would applaud
>> enthusiastically if I didn't think a lot of people would miss the point.
>> Assuming there is one. But intentionally or not, it is very funny.

Yeah, I'm *sure* it's meant as a joke. I still go *blink* *blink*
every time I see it though. I always wonder how they thought people
would GET the joke (and I mean the mass of people here, not the
individual: everyone who's worked with the public knows the mass is
much less intelligent than any single individual).

In any case, what REALLY annoys me is the translation. They translated
"diamond" as "diamant". The problem is that a "diamant" in French can
only mean precious stone. The word for the geometric shape is a
"losange". I'm sure marketing people thought they had a good reason
for using such a blatant anglicism, but IMO it's unjustifiable.