[Sca-cooks] Idea for an A&S Entry

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 2 07:50:34 PDT 2009

Kiri wins.

I can be a purist when it comes to food.  But "modern methods to achieve
a period effect" is OK in my book.  Modern methods like internet
research and powerpoint demos fall under this category.  Besides, one
can record a perfectly period cookery demo on video and present it
anywhere, even places where they don't allow open fires.  Especially out
west in the dry lands, that's worth admission to the 21st Century.   :-)

Cheers,
Selene

Elaine Koogler wrote:
> No, you're a reasonable purist.  I suspect Selene is talking about those
> self-proclaimed purists who, though they use modern conveniences (like
> typewriters, modern books, the Internet, etc.) to accomplish their ends,
> decry such usage in others!.  I personally think that this sounds like a
> great demo.  Certainly, in the environment that usually exists with an A&S
> display, using period cooking techniques (open fires, etc.) would not be a
> good idea!
>
> Just my opinion....
>
> Kiri
>

> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 9:07 AM, S CLEMENGER <sclemenger at msn.com> wrote:
>

>> Purists in what respect and WHERE? I think it's a very cool idea, and I'm
>> certainly one of Artemisia's old-school, long-term "purists."
>> --Maire

>>> Selene