[Sca-cooks] OOP OT A/C plumbing was Cato as a recipe source

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Jul 6 20:14:09 PDT 2009

> <Bear> I'll transcribe them and post to the list when I have a little
> more time.
> Today, I am reinstalling the drain system for a central A/C and the hot
> water heater safety valve and preparing for and delivering a demo on
> making
> manchet. >>>
>
> Thank you. No rush. This is just some ongoing research/interest. I  seem
> to collect such items.
>
> Good luck on the drain system. I keep having to unplug mine after the
> insects? stop up the drain line. Unfortunately, I don't realize it  until
> the condensation overflows in the hall closet. Pouring a quarter  cup of
> bleach down the drain occasionally is supposed to keep the line  clear,
> but I've been forgetting to do that.

I got to watch water pouring from the condenser pan through the furnace and
the air filter.

Since the drain connects directly to a waste line, there is no problem with
insects, instead it was the fine quality of the plumbing.  Whoever installed
it did a very nice job with a number of elbows.  I cut out nearly four feet
of piping and found each of the elbows choked with sediment (years of
accumulated fine Oklahoma sand).  I replumbed it as a straight line from the
pan drain to the two elbows that connect it to the waste line, a single T
connector to the piping coming off the heater safety valve, and a connector
that will allow the line to be opened for a plumber's snake.  Not elegant,
but less likely to clog and easier to clear.

The date got written down wrong, so the manchet demo is a week from today,
making life a little easier.

Bear