[Sca-cooks] Heading Boston way

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 04:43:47 PDT 2009

This seems to be a trend this year!  Phillip and I are "doing" Chicago and
Wisconsin!

There is SO much to see and do in Boston.  The Boston Museum of Fine Arts is
wonderful, especially for those with an interest in Far Eastern art...as is
Harvard's Peabody Museum.  There should be Pops concerts happening on the
Esplanade while you are there, and many Broadway shows to their out-of-town
previews in Boston.  The Boston Pops concerts are free.  So far as the Cape
is concerned, be sure to go as far as Provincetown...great views as well as
theatrical history--Eugene O'Neill did much of his writing there and worked
with the P'town Players during a large part of his life.  In Boston, be sure
to eat at Anthony's Pier 4...absolutely wonderful lobster and the ambiance
is great.  Also, Boston was Julia Child's home...check out her home museum.
I could go on and on...Back Bay, Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall, the Old North
Church.  Oh, and this is where Legal Seafoods got started!

And yes, I used to live there.

Kiri