[Sca-cooks] Pie Funnel?

Jane Boyko jboyko at magma.ca
Tue Jul 7 05:20:32 PDT 2009

I think it is like the blackbirds I used to buy but bigger and easier
to clean.  You insert it into the centre of the pie (not all the way
down but definitely through the crust) and while the pie bakes the
juices come up through the funnel and hopefully don't spill over too
much.  If they do they just spread across the pie crust.  This keeps
the juices from going over the side of the pie and onto the bottom of
the oven where, as we all know, they can be difficult to clean off.

Marina