[Sca-cooks] Information, Please

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 20 00:47:09 PDT 2009

<<< West to east?
Allspice, vanilla, chilli peppers, including paprika

Johnnae

Stefan li Rous wrote:  An herb/spice that was imported from the West to
the East, rather than the other direction. We've talked about some local
spices before, such as mustard, but this is the first that I can
remember being traded from the West to the East, except perhaps for
saffron.  Anyone know of any others (herb or spice)?

Okay. Sigh. NOT what I meant. Pre-1492. ie: From Europe to the Middle
East, India or eastern Asia.

Besides if you were including New World herbs and spices, you'd have
to include chocolate.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com