[Sca-cooks] Peach custard using canned peaches question - OOP

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Jul 24 11:19:43 PDT 2009

Cooks.com had this one

PEACH CUSTARD CAKE
CRUST:
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. soft butter
1 c. sugar (total)
1 (1 lb. 14 oz.) can sliced peaches
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
CUSTARD:
2 eggs
1 c. milk
Peach juice
In a mixing bowl add flour, salt, butter and 1/4 cup sugar. Mix with a
fork until it looks like coarse meal. Press mixture firmly on bottom and
halfway up the sides of a buttered 8 inch square pan.

Drain peaches, saving 1/2 cup of peach juice. Arrange drained peaches on
crust in pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Bake at 375
degrees for 20 minutes.

Mix peach juice, eggs, milk and 1/4 cup sugar. Pour over peaches. Bake
another 30 minutes until custard is firm.

----------------------------
Eagle Brand Milk has this one- substitute peaches for the apples

Streusel Topped Apple Custard Pie

Servings: Makes one (9-inch) pie
Serving Size: not available
Nutrition: not available
	Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10+35 minutes
Total Time: 0
Ingredients
	1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
	4 large all-purpose apples, pared and cored
	2 eggs
	1 (14-ounce) can **EAGLE BRAND®** Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT
evaporated milk)
	1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
	1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
	Dash ground nutmeg
	1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
	1/2 cup all-purpose flour
	1/4 cup cold margarine or butter
	1/4 cup chopped nuts

Instructions
	Preheat oven to 425ºF. Arrange apples in prepared pie crust.
	In medium bowl, beat eggs. Add *EAGLE BRAND®*, butter, cinnamon and
nutmeg; mix well. Pour over apples.
	In medium bowl, combine sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly.
Stir in nuts. Sprinkle over pie. Place in bottom third of oven; bake 10
minutes.
	Reduce oven temperature to 375ºF;
	continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Store
leftovers covered in refrigerator.

Peach variations: omit apples, substitute 1 (29-ounce) can sliced
peaches well drained, for apples. Proceed as above.

Ring any bells???

Johnnae