[Sca-cooks] Totally Completely OT, was Short Little Piece on Food in Movies

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 30 15:42:01 PDT 2009

On Jul 30, 2009, at 5:24 PM, Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> Have you seen the Chinese film, called The Banquet? Yè Yàn (夜宴)
>
> It is supposed to be a retelling of Hamlet, but is there a real
> banquet in it?
>
> Huette

I believe I have a copy, but have not yet sat through it.

If it's a retelling of Hamlet, I suspect it's a pretty loose
adaptation. And there is a banquet that is integral to the story, but
I'm not sure how closely the food and such are depicted. It may be
more of a backdrop for the action.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter