[Sca-cooks] What kind of class would you attend?

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 1 11:31:53 PDT 2009

I'm a pretty good general cook. I'm good at frying, braising, roasting,

baking, etc...my knife skills are pretty decent. I'm knowledgable in

many cuisines. I've cooked professionally, been a featured chef at a

farmer's market, catered, taught and achieved a Laurel.

So, I think I have a fair grounding in cookery. But there are always things

to learn. I'd like to bake more and there are techniques I still need to

master. One area I am very weak in is kitchen string. That's right, string.

I need to learn the proper techniques for trussing, binding, tying and bundling

meats. I can kind of make do, but my results are a far cry from professional

looking. And that is a class that is never taught.

So, what kind of class would you like to attend that is never or rarely

taught?

Gunthar