[Sca-cooks] Cabbage Rolls

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Sun Jul 5 12:32:04 PDT 2009

I have been on a business trip and have not been able to look at messages
lately but there was a thread on cabbage rolls.
I have been looking through Scappi lately and there seem to be both stuffed
cabbage (hearts out, filling stuffed in) and cabbage rolls (leaves blanched,
stuffing put in, leaves rolled up). They can be found in Book II recipe #198
and #199. I have not reviewed the recipe in depth or checked the original
Italian perhaps Helewyse has looked at them in detail.

Today we are cooking several recipes from Scappi. Below are the recipes we
are going to try.
You can find our commentary at www.vastrepast.net under ³Old Food² once we
have finished.

Eduardo

Uova Ripiene
Sfogliata ascuitta Bk V Recipe 128
Spit Roasted Pork Ribs - Bk II Recipe 99
Crostini with Prosciutto & Onions - Bk II Recipe 230
Sautéed Spinach with Sausage - Bk II Recipe 205
Stuffed Eggplants - Bk II Recipe 224 (two different recipes)
Frittata with Prosciutto and Onions - Bk II Recipe 234