[Sca-cooks] Recipe variations

Laureen Hart lhart at graycomputer.com
Mon Jul 6 10:28:59 PDT 2009

My barony did something similar, having everyone start with the
original text of Digby's Savory Tosted Cheese and having everyone come
up with and cook their own redactions. I think Cariadoc's version was
specifically disallowed. It was amazing the variety of dishes that
resulted.
Years ago we held a contest where we published the Bukenade recipe from
Forme of Cury.
It was amazing the variation of really neat interpretations we got.
It was perversely interesting as well, to see what strange things some
people came up with that bore little relation to the ingredients listed...
That is why experimenting with period recipes is SO fun!
Randell Raye
Madrone, An Tir