[Sca-cooks] Probably OOP cucumber questions

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Jul 7 05:19:08 PDT 2009

My cucumber plants are going gang-busters - 9 cucumbers growing already,
and they only just started flowering.
Are there any period cucumber recipes?  I can't think of any in the
European stuff I'm familiar with, but I focus mostly on northern European 15th
century and earlier, so that leaves out a lot of sources.  Is there anything in
later or more southern sources?

How about modern recipes for cucumbers?  Most of what I know to do is slice
or chunk them into salads and sandwiches, and various variation on salads
with vinegar, onions, and possibly yogurt or sour cream.

Can regular cucumbers be made into pickles?  I know there are brands sold
as "pickling cucumbers" but I don't know what the difference is.

Brangwayna Morgan
Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom
Lancaster, PA
Steps!