[Sca-cooks] OP--recipes for jamabalaya?

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Thu Jul 9 09:12:21 PDT 2009

Hi, gang.  I'm jonesing for jambalaya in the worst way, and thought I'd give it a try making it from scratch, rather than adulterating a couple of boxes of Zateran's.  Not finding much in my cookbooks, and while I know I can look online, and find a plethora of recipes, I thought I'd ask you all what your favorites are....
I've got chicken, and fish (tilapia and shrimp), and two kinds of sausage I could use (a locally-made andouille, and some Spanish chorizo).  Got the rice (using brown).  Got the onion and the bell peppers.  Will use the broth from the chicken for the rice.....
Any other suggestions?
--Maire