[Sca-cooks] Happy Bastille Day, everybody!

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 14 05:31:22 PDT 2009

Anybody doing anything in the way of occasion-specific Francophagy
(and if that word doesn't imply eating French people)? My son informs
me that he and his friends will be attending a Bastille Day street
fair in Tribeca this afternoon, which is the first I'm hearing of any
real tradition here of marking the occasion, unless you count the
number of French restaurants that make a show of celebrating the day.
I gather that the street fair involves a lot of fussball and grilled
merguez sausage sandwiches. Who knew that this is what Parisians did
after a hard day of storming the Bastille?

It seems to me more like a salade Nicoise day than a coq au vin day,
which is kind of a shame since I've got all the necessaries for coq au
vin sitting in the kitchen.

So, anybody knitting sweaters? Firing up Madame Grillotine? Work with
me, here...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter