[Sca-cooks] Smoker

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 05:59:58 PDT 2009

That's about what I remember from the way my grandfather smoked meat...they
did it in a smoke house, the meat was hung up next to the ceiling of the
building and there was a low, smokey fire on the ground.  This was usually
done in November, but definitely after the first frost.  The smoke house
session would be shared by several of my father's brothers who also
butchered at the same time.

It is always fun to see historical foody things discussed here that remind
me of the way I remember seeing it done as a child...I know, that makes me
sound like I'm 400 years old...but it's more a case of continuity!

Kiri