[Sca-cooks] Please Define Trotter

Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 7 00:33:34 PDT 2009

Unfortunately (or not), I was born late enough that my grandfather was no longer slaughtering and smoking on the farm -- BUT I was still raised to think of pig's trotters as including the hooves, ankle ("knuckles"), and some portion of the leg above, but not usually rising to the level of the knee.

Pickled pig's feet as I have seen them sold modernly generally do not include the hoof itself, just the ankle and fleshy parts just above and just below -- but may also be labelled "pickled pig's knuckles" in that case.

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com
Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen