[Sca-cooks] Field Kitchens for Feasts was Re: Camp kitchen feast was: Re: Camp cooking challenge

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Mon Jun 22 19:01:42 PDT 2009

Oh... another lesson learned, for a lunch buffet clearly label the sauces.
My garlic sauce for the chicken was mistaken for hummus. Apparently there
were a number of surprised expressions on people's face when they bit into
a huge glob of it they had slathered on their bread.

Euriol

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 21:56:11 -0400, euriol <euriol at ptd.net> wrote:
> I like to refer to the type of kitchen I had as a "field kitchen" because
> took more precautions than I would if it was just me cooking for my
family
> at camp. You have to take into consideration all the "food safety"
> guidelines you would with any feast.
>
> Pre-cooking as much as possible is always highly advisable.
>
> A couple of the things I focused on was:
>
> I kept the recipes simple. All the meats were simply seasons with salt
and
> black pepper prior to grilling.
>
> I tried to make the best use of conservatively using the serving ware.
> Meats and the accompany side dishes were served on the same platter.
Which

(http://toolbar.aol.com/aolclassifieds/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown000000