[Sca-cooks] carts & wains

Patricia Dunham chimene at ravensgard.org
Thu Jun 4 12:43:28 PDT 2009

umm... I knew "are riding carts..." didn't feel right --- Himself
figured it out.  A bicycle has too many axles to be a cart, and too
few wheels to be a wain.

Bicycles are neither carts nor wains:  they have TWO axles and two
wheels!  Now, if the delivery guy is also pulling a Burley-type
cargo- or kid-hauler (http://www.burley.com/company/about.cfm), THAT
would be a cart (two wheels, one axle).

chimene

(Burley is a big name in local cart builders here in Eugene