[Sca-cooks] hyssop substitute

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Jun 10 09:19:50 PDT 2009

The Consort's person-at-arms is looking for hyssop to reproduce a chicken
dish* she had at a feast, but she lives in a fairly rural area so she's
not likely to find it at a health-food store. Is hyssop the sort of thing
you can substitute--I don't know what it tastes like so I haven't been
able to suggest anything. Gernot Katzer's page on it suggests that she
could leave it out and increase the sage a bit, but I thought I'd check
with the brain trust. ;-)

Thanks!

Margaret FitzWilliam

*The recipe is one of the modern recipes off the GodeCookery site, but we
want to encourage her non-fighting interests so I'm being good and holding
my tongue on that part.