[Sca-cooks] Translations: Was Fadalat

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 15:11:16 PDT 2009

Elsie Fleming wrote:
> Well, technically, Perry didn't do *all* of the English translation of
> the Anonymous Andalusian Manuscript (above).
I know and I think it unfair that he is listed as the only translator.
If I were you, Stephen or Janet I would be screaming that is really hard
work! David can't you do something to include them as co-translators? I
think it only fair.
> Three of us - Stephen Bloch, Janet Hinson and I - translated the Huici Miranda Spanish into
> English around 1990.  During one marathon week when I was home from work
> with laryngitis, I went back over Bloch's and Hinson's translations and
> compared them to the Spanish version, making copious notes on the
> discrepancies that I found.  (I had a more extensive Spanish background
> than the other two so I was able to find places where their knowledge of
> grammar slipped.)

Stefan I will try to update Fadalat this week end changing lard to sheep
fat.
Suey