[Sca-cooks] Cloned website

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Tue Jun 23 05:29:18 PDT 2009

> Their long list of online cookbooks mostly point to sources off their
> site, I didn't notice other work being copied, but I didn't check
> everything.  It looks like a useful site... other than the stealing part.
>
> In spite of the name,  I don't think the site is related to Dover Books.
>
> Ranvaig

You are assuming theft.  It is possible they have permission to publish,
although that is not explicitly stated on the website.  The best thing would
be to let Charles Perry know and let him decide.

Dover Publications would be more likely to reprint these out of copyright
cookbooks and sell them.  They are New York based.  On the otherhand, the
name Dover Centre Books suggests that this organization is based out of
Dover Centre, Ontario.  There are no business or financial connections I can
easily locate.

Bear