[Sca-cooks] Shanghied No Longer

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Jun 24 19:56:38 PDT 2009

So Yes,we took off and went to China.
  My husband had meetings
with a university there and my son wanted an exotic trip for his
high school graduation. I went along for the trip. It was
'interesting."
So I am home from Shanghai and maybe when I am well
again and caught up on rest I'll even be able to reflect on it
with better humor and reflection.
I was and still am sick.
I lost 8 pounds in 10 days which is probably not very good.

However, We went looking for kitchen equipment because I found
this address for this large source. To that end we ventured out on 6/17
to a far off corner of Shanghai to a 4 story
restaurant hotel supply house. Hey they have rubbermaid and silpat plus
imported French porcelain and copper cookware. Got to examine the
whopping big specialty stoves with the huge woks, etc.
Oddly enough, no Hong Kong waffle maker however. Lady knew exactly what
it was and that they didn't carry it. So I struck out there
No other possible sources that anyone could come up with.

Will write more when I get caught up. I have 2 articles due and the
inbox is so full, it's not funny. (Let's not mention the laundry.)

Johnna