[Sca-cooks] OOP - Baked Fish

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jun 29 14:45:08 PDT 2009

FWIW (Hi folks, just had my 35th anniversary with type 1 diabetes this
year), some meal (cornmeal, flour, bread crumbs) on your fish is ok -- you
just need to adjust what other carbohydrates you eat around what you use on
the fish (the trick is not to just cut everything out, but to balance it in
a reasonable way).

One that we like (my husband is type 2, WVa - "if it's not deepfried it's
not fish" kind of fella), is a pan fried whitefish filet (so far we've
tried cod and haddock) with a flour, chili powder, and salt dredge,
panfried in a little olive oil. Yummy.

Another tasty fish is fish kebobs - take a fish steak (tuna, shark, sword
fish -- something like that), and cut it into kebobs. Marinate it in a
mixture of lemon juice, a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs (your
choice -- but garlic and oregano are good), then skewer and grill. Serve
with fresh tomatos and cucumber, or with cucumber sauce.

toodles, margaret

--On Monday, June 29, 2009 3:32 PM -0600 Deborah Hammons