[Sca-cooks] Peerlike feasts?

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 5 19:30:44 PDT 2009

> With all due respect to this learned list....
> 23 years ago at my first bardic, an entertainer sang a song about "proper"
> feasts. Since then I have heard the gist of the song in plain speak often
> enough. :-)) A pelican feast is good food, hot if it is supposed to be,
> cold if it is supposed to be, served on time in copious amounts. A laurel
> feast is documentable food, inedible, served when all proper steps have been
> taken, and luckily there is never enough to go around. A knight feast is
> brats and beer, served and cooked by someone else.

But then what am I?

I serve documented food, including pamphlets with recipes and

documentation at the feast.

People say my food tastes good.

And I'm a Knight.

(Although at my last feast I did serve homemade period German

sausages with homemade mustard so I guess that could stand in

for the Brats and Beer.)

So my stuff is documented. Comes out on time, plentiful and people

like it. I sometimes do non-period fun stuff in camp or at parties.

Gunthar

Duke, Knight, Laurel, not a Pelican

Evil List Admin