[Sca-cooks] books on recipes in spain - Fadalat, Fedalat, Fudalat

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:24:58 PDT 2009

Emilio wrote:

>>> If you are up to reading Spanish, there is a translation of selections from the Fedalat al-Jiwan at this location:  http://www.elsgnoms.com/receptes/arabigo.html
>>>
>> For the record it is Fadalat not Fedalat.
>>
> The website in question says "Fedalat".
>

> Setrata del manuscrito llamado:
> Fedalat Al-Jiwan fi tayyibat
> al-ta'am wa-l-alwan (Relieves de la mesa, sobre manjares y guisos). Su
> autor es el murciano Abu l-Hasan 'Ali ibn Muhammad ibn Ab? l-Qasim
> ibn Muhammad ibn Ab? Bakr ibn Razin al-Tuyibi al-Andalus?
> y fu? escrita probablemente entre 1228 y 1243)
>

> One of the newer publications says both "Fadalat" and "Fudalat" (with the appropriate accents), as do other entries in online library catalogues.
>

> Main author:Ibn Razi?n al-Tuji?bi?, fl. 1239-1265.
>
> Title details:Relieves
> de las mesas, acerca de la delicias de la comida y los diferentes
> platos = Fud?a?lat al-h?iwan fi? t?ayyiba?t al-t?a?a?m wa-l-alwa?n / Ibn Razi?n al-Tug?i?bi? ; estudio, traduccio?n y notas: Manuela Mari?n.
> [ Fad?a?lat al-khiwa?n fi? t?ayyiba?t al-t?a?a?m wa-al-alwa?n. Spanish. ]
> Series:Comida de la vida
>
> Published:Somonte-Cenero, Gijo?n : Ediciones Trea, c2007.
>
> Physical desc.:319 p. ; 24 cm.
> Identifier:ISBN: 8497043227
> ISBN: 9788497043229
>
> Notes:Includes bibliographical references (p. 313-319).
>
> So, this might be a question of transcription, I don't know.
>
> E.

According to the publication of Fernando de la Granja Santamaria the
word is Fadalat with two dots over the second "a". Granja makes no
mention of any other spelling.
Stefan titled my translation: Fadalat-art 12/4/07 but I cannot find it
on line. Sorry I worked hard on it even though it is short and I have
the copywrite issued in Santiago, Chile in 2007.
Suey