[Sca-cooks] Dutch Oven Cooking - OOP

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Wed Jun 17 15:01:21 PDT 2009

Having been an Eagle Scout and done quite a bit of dutch oven cooking, I
don't recall ever having used an official dutch oven or seen the cookbook.
My most memorable experience along these lines was preparing a birthday
dinner (mine) of pit cooked ham and corn on the cob (in aluminum foil) and
using the coals on top of the ham to bake rolls and a two-layer chocolate
cake to the absolute amazement  of the rest of the Troop (see, the Senior
Patrol Leader does know things you don't).  I had them help me get rid of
the left-overs so I didn't have to pack it out.  The priceless expressions
were worth the pain of packing a dutch oven ten miles.

Bear