[Sca-cooks] Al-Warraq and Khushkananaj

Jim and Andi jimandandi at cox.net
Sun Jun 21 11:05:44 PDT 2009

Edible Camphor- Any decent Indian grocery store should carry this. It's
an important ingredient in traditional paan preparation. You only use an
extremely tiny amount... a little goes a very long way.

Musk is probably deer musk, which is mostly illegal now. If you have
contacts in the Traditional Chinese Medicine community, it's used in
TCM. The pinyin is "she xiang". I received some edible musk crystals as
a gift several years ago, I have no idea whether they are derived from
actual deer musk or not. I have used them in Persian dishes from the
Nimatnama.

Hope this helps!
Madhavi