[Sca-cooks] OOP Question: Baked Fish

Celia des Archier CeliadesArchier at cox.net
Sun Jun 28 17:41:22 PDT 2009

Although I'll take period suggestions as well :)

I've just been diagnosed as diabetic (Type II), and am changing my diet to
include more fish.  But I'm in a quandary, since I grew up primarily on fried
fish, and I'm trying to move towards healthier, baked versions, which do not
include breading or grain based coatings.  I love fried catfish and trout... I
tend towards enjoying sweet, white fish.  I grew up on all my fish coated with
corn meal and have rarely had baked fish, but do not object to baking fish...
I just don't know how to season it!  I don't really care much for either lemon
pepper or dill, and these are the two standards I've seen for seasoning baked
fish.  (I'll be trying butter and garlic, of course, and looking in cookbooks,
but that's pretty much the end of my fish repertoire.)

So I'd like to hear from our marvelous chefs here recommendations for fast,
easy, simple ways to prepare baked fish, and different types of fish that
someone who has pretty much been limited to eating catfish and trout would
like.  Period suggestions would be a bonus, but since this is for my health,
OOP suggestions would also be welcome.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions... I always learn so much from this
list!

In Service,
Celia