[Sca-cooks] OOP - Baked Fish

Celia des Archier CeliadesArchier at cox.net
Mon Jun 29 16:05:20 PDT 2009

Aldyth said:
> My other half has been type 2 for 15 years.  If you don't have issues that
> keep you away from oil and fat, try bacon grease.  Trout and catfish do well
> in that.  If you need crispy you can eat and aren't allergic, use crushed
> nuts.  Almonds are really good.  Lard or bacon grease is not spectacular on
> cod, but it does work.  Rhys really likes me to coat the fish in the cajun
> boil spice and fry it in the bacon grease.  YMMV.

I don't have issues with cholesterol except when my blood sugar is out of
control, and tend to accept the research that shows that lipid problems crop
up more when you're eating lots of refined carbs with your "bad fats."  I use
bacon grease very sparingly, primarily use olive oil and butter... but bet
trout in bacon grease would be good.

Again, I hadn't thought of nuts until folks reminded me, and have never tried
them before, but will definitely try almonds as they sound like a good way to
get crispy without the added "bad carbs".

Thanks!
Cat