[Sca-cooks] Hroar is home!!!

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 1 00:01:58 PDT 2009

Yay!!! Just as he and I were making plans of escape, his doctors decided that he was well enough to come home!  Yay!

His release wasn't without road blocks.  Yesterday, he discovered that when he tried to walk, he had a bad pain in his right foot.  This was the first time that they let him walk since he was taken to the hospital on Wednesday.  It seems that during one of his falls, he broke one of his toes.  His foot was x-rayed this morning and it confirmed that he had a broken toe.  It also found that he had a very old break on his right foot that had healed, but Hroar can't remember ever hurting or breaking any bones previously on that foot.   The orthopod decided that a cast wasn't necessary, but he did want Hroar to stay another night so that he could learn to use a walker from one of their physical therapists.  He was confused when we laughed at him, until we explained that Hroar has used a walker for years before and after his hip replacement surgeries and that he probably knew more about walkers than the therapist did.

But Hroar is home now!  Yay!

Huette