[Sca-cooks] HELP? What makes a good book on Gastronomy?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:13:45 PST 2009

Yes, this is one, but to really understand the philosophy behind the food
culture, you should look at books like "The Book of Tea," a wonderful, very
short book on Japanese aesthetics.  There is a chapter in the book on the
tea ceremony, but the entire book should be read to fully understand the
ideas it contains.  In most of the mid and far east, you really can't
understand one facet of the culture without taking a look at all of it.

Kiri