[Sca-cooks] Fwd: Media Inquiry for Historic Cooks/Hearth Cooks

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Mar 5 13:40:38 PST 2009

This came over another list I am on--

I can't imagine what sort of historic cook/living history docent
they are seeking.
Someone I suppose for $20,000 that will cook medieval or historic
at home for their families.

Johnnae

    Subject: Media Inquiry for Historic Cooks/Hearth Cooks

    Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 4:22 PM

    Hi,

    I am a casting producer for an ABC reality television series called
    /Wife Swap/. I am currently looking to feature a historic
    cook/living history docent and their family on a special episode of
    our show. I read about your organization on a historic cooking
    website and was hoping that you might have some recommendations for
    families that would be interested in this opportunity.

    Requirements: *Each family must consist of two parents and at least
    one child between 7 and 17 and should reside in the continental U.S.
    (There may be other children living in the home who are older or
    younger than the required age?as long as one child is in the
    required age range.)*

    In case you are unfamiliar with the show, the premise of Wife Swap
    is to take two different families and have the moms switch place to
    experience how another family lives. Half of the week, Mom lives the
    life of the family she is staying with. Then she introduces a "rule
    change" where she implements rules and activities that her family
    has. It's a positive experience for people to not only learn but
    teach about other families and other ways of life.

    Wife Swap airs on Disney owned ABC television on Fridays at 8 pm-
    the family hour! There is another show that copies ours. We focus on
    having fun, learning and teaching. They focus on conflict. I just
    want to make sure our show doesn't get confused with theirs!

    This is a very unique experience that can be life changing for
    everyone. In addition, each family that tapes an episode of Wife
    Swap receives a $20,000 honorarium for their time. Anyone who refers
    a family that appears on our program receives $1000 as a 'thank you"
    from us. Please feel free to forward this email on to anyone that
    you feel might be interested.