[Sca-cooks] OT- Peerage Oaths

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 5 14:14:19 PST 2009

I was stealth-elevated.  My oath was on the spot and absolutely extemporaneous and I don't remember a word I said.

AND

(those who are military will get a giggle out of this), What WAS cycling through my head, unasked for and unbidden and refusing to leave until it had had it's full say was

"I solemnly swear to support and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.  I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same.  I take this oath freely without moral reservation or purpose of evasion.  I will willingly and faithfully discharge the duties of the office I am about to enter."

for those whe are neither military or civil service, that is the oath of office.

I am such a geek

Cheers

Malkin

Oherhill

Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.

I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.