[Sca-cooks] Physiology of Taste translations

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 5 21:16:54 PST 2009

Sandra asked:

<<< Speaking of editions of books, I didn't see anything in the
Florilegium
about "The Physiology of Taste" by Brillat-Savarin (I hope I spelled
that
correctly).  ISTR that E. David did one, but the copy I have at home is
older and I can't even find a translator's name.  Are there differences
between translations I should know about, similar to those in
editions of
Apicius? >>>

Probably because if I saw a review I didn't realize that it was
anything but a post-period book. If you plug "Brillat-Savarin" into
the search engine on the first page of the Florilegium, you get four
different mentions of this book, at least the original French title.

Of course if there is a review I can use, and the book does have a
connection to our time period or is of real value to those studying
our time period even if written out-of-period, I would consider
making it available in the Florilegium.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas