[Sca-cooks] Bringing your own cook

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sat Mar 7 08:58:18 PST 2009

> I've been in SCA kitchens where people have walked in and wanted us to
> heat up
> their frozen microwave dinners.
> Would that be the modern equivalent of bringing your own cook?
>
> Johnnae

I've had that happen in a kitchen where the convection oven and the
microwave were on the same circuit and running the two at the same time
would trip the breaker.  Since I needed the oven to get the feast finished,
I had to tell people no until I had finished with the oven.  I also wound up
stove-topping things that I would normally have run through the microwave.

The problem is now well known in the area and requests to use the microwave
are non-existent at that site.

Bear