[Sca-cooks] Looking for a Brewer

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Sat Mar 7 14:24:25 PST 2009

Salvete

I am tentatively working on a CA on the foodways of the Hansa league and am looking for an experienced brewer or beer conoisseur who can give me some practical insight to complement my largely theoretical knowledge in the field. If you can guess what kind of beer will result from descriptions of the malting process, the yeast culture and the proportion of malt to the litre of finished beer, and ideally tell me what kind of thing on the US market would approximate that flavour, you are who I am looking for.

I can offer no more than a grateful mention in the final manuscript, unfortunately, though if I ever manage to turn these first steps into a real book (in German), you'll be getting a free copy, too.

Giano the very busy