[Sca-cooks] Ummm... weird question...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 12 07:18:34 PDT 2009

On Mar 12, 2009, at 9:32 AM, Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius
> <adamantius1 at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> I just ran across this, and wondered if anyone might be able to
>> confirm my
>> suspicions as to the actual authorship of the text on this page:
>
> Your suspicions are right on target!  I googled a unique phrase in the
> directions, and found the original in the Florilegium.  It was posted
> to "SC" in March of 1999 by some guy named Phil...
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/wafers-msg.html

I suspected as much. You probably don't run across too many women in
South Carolina who use parentheses in their speech as often as certain
people here, or worry about the difference between teaspoons and
dessertspoons.

Darn. It's not the recipe I mind being lifted. She stole my da**
jokes! And I _think_ she added something dumb about herbs. Or maybe I
said something dumb about adding herbs, and am in denial. <checks
Florithingie> Nope, that wasn't me.

Ah, well, if I were too concerned about intellectual property I
wouldn't post here, and there's more where that came from...

Of course, I could simply include 37 pounds of mashed Braunschweiger
liverwurst to every recipe I post here from now on. You guys would
just know to ignore that, right? I mean, unless it was for a really
big canape?

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter